Report Police Misconduct

Members of the public can file complaints related to police behavior two ways: directly with the Oakland Police Department (OPD) or with the independent Citizens' Police Review Agency

Members of the public can visit the Community Police Review Agency (CPRA) here to file a complaint, or...

File a Complaint about police misconduct directly with OPD:

Any member of the public can also use the OPD Internal Affairs 24-hour Complaint Hotline at (866) 214-8834 to file your complaint - leave a detailed message describing the complaint.

Anyone can also file a complaint in person by visiting CPRA at 250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 6302 Oakland, CA 94612 (near City Hall) and file the complaint with an Intake Technician. The phone number at CPRA is (510) 238-3159. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Complaints can also be filed online with CPRA here.

Anyone can also call the Internal Affairs Division and make arrangements for an investigator from the Division to meet you at one of the following locations:

  • Chinatown Police Resource Center
    388 9th Street, Suite 223
    Oakland, CA 94607
  • Fruitvale Substation
    3002 E 9th Street, Suite A2
    Oakland, CA 94601
    Telephone: (510) 535-5680
  • Eastmont Substation
    2651 - 73rd Avenue
    Oakland, CA 94605
    Telephone: (510) 777-8500

Anyone can also send their complaint via U.S. Mail:
Oakland Police Department - Internal Affairs Division
455 - 7th Street
Oakland, CA 94607

250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite C, Oakland, CA 94612