Request a Parking Ticket Refund

Request a refund by mail, by fax or in person if you paid too much for a parking ticket.

Refund Request Form

By mail, by fax or in person

  1. Complete the Refund Request Form.
  2. Return the Refund Request Form and proof of payment to the Parking Citation Assistance Center.

Parking Citation Assistance Center
270 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza (entrance facing State Building on Clay Street)
Oakland, CA 94612

What are acceptable proofs of payment?

  • A copy of your receipt from the Parking Citation Assistance Center
  • A copy of of the front and back of your cancelled check
  • A copy of your credit or debit card statement showing the payment
  • A copy of your DMV receipt showing the payment on the itemized printout which includes citation numbers
  • A copy of your FTB Notice of Intercepted Funds

What happens after I request a refund?

  • If you are owed a refund, we aim to send you a check by mail in 6 to 8 weeks from the date that the determination is made.
  • Please call (800) 500-6484 if you do not get a check after 6 weeks.

Parking Citation Assistance Center hours and contact information are here.