The City of Oakland respects the rights of wild animals to inhabit their natural homes and encourages all Oakland resident to support the right of our wild residents to remain wild. Below you will find resources about what to do if you are encountering issues with wildlife in your area.

  • For sick or injured wildlife, please call the Oakland Police Department Dispatch at 510-777-3333.
  • For nuisance wildlife concerns, please contact the California Department of Fish and Wildlife at 707-428-2002 or visit their website.

Helpful Tips for Wildlife Nuisance Issues

Many problems with wildlife are the result of human feeding. For information about the dangers of feeding wildlife, please visit CDFW's Keep Them Wild campaign.

  • For issues with species such as bats or rodents, please contact Alameda County Vector Control at 510-567-6800 or visit their website.

Wildlife Partners

OAS partners with Yggdrasil Urban Wildlife Rescue Center (YUWR), Wildcare Bay Area and Lindsay Wildlife Experience to help injured and sick wildlife. If you have a general question about wildlife or need assistance with wildlife, please contact one of our partners.