Apply for a Charitable Solicitations Permit

A Charitable Solicitation Permit is required when soliciting contributions for a charitable organization or Church.

Charitable Solicitations Form

Complete the Charitable Application form and submit with the $30 filing fee. Original applications require copies of:

  1. Verification of tax exemptions (letter of tax exemption status) from the Internal Revenue Services (Department of Treasury) and the Franchise Tax Board.
  2. Articles of Incorporation and/or By-Laws of the Organization, with seal of the Secretary of State.

Applications and payments may be dropped off or mailed to: Special Activity Permits, 1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza - 1st Floor, Oakland, CA 94612.